- 28 years or older
- Professional career or entrepreneurial men
- Live a positive lifestyle and is dependable
- Genuinely want to impact the growth and development of young boys
We recommend the mentor dedicate a minimum of 4-6 hours a month to the program and activities.
- Commit to participate in the Mentorship Program for a minimum of nine (9) months.
- Attend monthly workshops and actively engage in mentoring activities via in-person, zoom, or phone.
- Willingly share your experience and professional success in the organization.
- Support the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Look for experiences that will stretch the mentee (i.e., shadowing during meetings, suggested readings, etc.).
- Stay accessible, committed, and engaged during the length of the program.
- Listen well, provide open and candid feedback.
- Offer encouragement through genuine positive reinforcement.
- Be a positive role model and share “lessons learned” from personal experiences.
- Respect a mentee individuality.
- Be a resource and a sounding board.
- Keep your conversations confidential.
- Let the Vice President know as soon as possible if you are having a problem connecting with your mentee.