- Male student 13-18 years old
- Want to develop and build new relationships
- Want to experience new opportunities and gain new perspectives
- Want to build confidence, become a better leader, and connect with different resources
- Want to receive guidance and support to help achieve personal and professional goals
We recommend the mentee dedicate a minimum of 4-6 hours a month to the program and activities.
- Commit to participate in the Mentorship Program for a minimum of nine (9) months.
- Participate in monthly workshops and actively engage in mentoring activities via in-person, zoom, or phone.
- Commit to the “SONS PLEDGE”.
- Assume responsibility for acquiring or improving skills and knowledge.
- Discuss individual development planning with the mentor.
- Be open and honest on goals, expectations, challenges, and concerns so others can help you.
- Prepare for workshops, actively listen, and ask questions.
- Seek advice, opinion, feedback, and direction from your mentor.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism/feedback and ask for it.
- Keep your conversations confidential.
- Respect your mentor’s time and resources.
- Stay accessible, committed, and engaged during the length of the program.
- Respectfully give feedback to your mentor on what is working or not working in the mentoring relationship.
- Let the Vice President know as soon as possible if you are having a problem connecting with your mentor.