- Female student 13-18 years old
- Want to gain new perspectives and fresh ideas
- Want to become a better leader
- Want to develop new relationships
We recommend the mentee dedicate a minimum of 2 hours a week to the program and activities.
- Meet with your mentor weekly and engage in mentoring activities in person (at a supervised location) or via Zoom (or on the telephone as a backup) for a minimum of one hour each week.
- Be proactive about contacting your mentor and scheduling meetings.
- Commit to the “ANGEL PLEDGE”.
- Assume responsibility for acquiring or improving skills and knowledge.
- Discuss individual development planning with the mentor.
- Be open and honest on goals, expectations, challenges, and concerns so others can help you.
- Prepare for meetings, actively listen, and ask questions.
- Seek advice, opinion, feedback, and direction from your mentor.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism/feedback and ask for it.
- Keep your conversations confidential.
- Respect your mentor’s time and resources.
Stay accessible, committed, and engaged during the length of the program.
- Respectfully give feedback to your mentor on what is working or not working in the mentoring relationship.
- Let the Mentoring Program Manager (Dr. Angel White) know as soon as possible if you are having a problem connecting with your mentor.